1st May 2022
This is just a quick email to update you on Begone’s position in relation to the Government’s new baseline public health measures which came in to effect from 12.01am Friday 29th April 2022.
As you all know, there are big changes to mask mandates, capacity limits, close contact definitions and requirements starting tomorrow. We’ve obviously had a lot of questions regarding how that will affect you in our clinic, so we’ve put together a list of our policies for you:
Begone Skin & Body Covid19 updated policy for patient appointments.
In order to continue ensuring the safety of our patients and staff at Begone Skin and Body, we will be introducing updates to our Covid19 policy as of Friday 29th of April 2022.
Begone Skin and Body continues to adhere to strict Covid19 cleaning protocols between each patient, in treatment rooms, and throughout the clinic. Additionally, Begone staff are continuing use of appropriate PPE. All of our Begone staff members have been triple vaccinated and are cooperating fully in keeping our clinic Covid19 free.
How the policy affects our patients directly:
All patients will be asked to show documentation of their current immunisation status, and whether or not they have received a 2 doses of a Covid19 Vaccination at the time of their appointment.
Patients will no longer have to have received a booster shot
All patients who have been double vaccinated will be treated by staff in line with correct Covid19 protocol; involving the use of masks, gloves, and social distancing (where possible).
Patients who have not received 2 Covid19 vaccinations (double vaccinated) will need to:
- Present to the clinic 30 minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
- A RAT test will be performed on site just prior to their appointment, following the correct technique under the supervision by Begone staff. Patients have the option to either bring with them an unopened Covid19 RAT test or purchase a new RAT test from the clinic if they are unable to provide their own due to supply issues.
- Whilst awaiting the result of the RAT test, patients should wait in their car or outside the clinic.
- Patients will be advised of the result of the RAT test via SMS.
- If the RAT test is negative, Patient treatment will proceed as normal.
- If the RAT test is positive, the patient will be asked to proceed immediately to a testing clinic for a PCR test.
The utilisation of masks in clinic
As we are a medical clinic, all staff members will continue to wear masks in clinic, and request patients also continue to do so where possible.
We have implemented the above in response to the current situation, and the changes in government recommendations and protocols.
These are in addition to the following, already implemented policy guidelines:
All patients to apply hand sanitiser upon arrival.
We request you rebook your appointment if any of the following apply to you:
- You are a close contact of someone who has Covid or you have been asked by the contact tracing team to stay home and isolate and monitor for symptoms and/or to be tested.
- You have been unwell or been symptomatic.
- You have tested positive to Covid in the last 14 days.
We greatly appreciate your understanding of these changes, and we look forward to seeing you all in clinic soon.
Should you have any questions or have concerns as to how this policy affects you, we encourage you to reach out to us.
Dr Ian and the Begone Skin & Body Team.