At BeGone Skin & Body, the health and wellbeing of our clients and staff is of utmost importance to us.
With this in mind, we would like to provide an update on our current infectious disease policy.
Our aim is to give our clients as much information as possible about what we are doing to keep you safe while continuing to provide you with the same level of care and attention to detail we take so much pride in.
To ensure the health of both clients and staff, for the time being we request that all clients please adhere to the following:
- Anyone who has arrived from overseas (regardless of country) after the 15th of march 2020 should immediately quarantine themselves after arrival for 14 days.
- Anyone who has arrived from overseas before the 14th of march 2020 (regardless of country) and has developed flu/cold like symptoms since returning are kindly asked to reschedule their appointment and seek a medical review with review via their GP clinic. It is suggested that you phone ahead to your GP clinic as it may be possible for testing to be arranged without you visiting the surgery.
- If you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or someone who is at high risk of a positive test, then we ask that you do not attend your appointment until you have been cleared by a medical agency.
- If you are feeling unwell and/or are experiencing flu like symptoms, we ask that you reschedule your appointment to a time when you are feeling better.
As a cosmetic medical clinic, we are always practising the highest standards of hygiene.
This includes strict hand hygiene practises, the wiping down of surfaces between each client, and the use of disposable bed covers.
We have also begun to perform additional hygiene practises including:
- Increased the cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces that may be touched by staff and clients with cleaning agents the Department of Health recommends are effective for COVID-19.
- Removed items that aren’t cleaned such as magazines and treatment books from our waiting areas.
- Providing our clients with hand gel, and asking them to use it when they enter the clinic.
- As previously mentioned, we are not accepting clients who are currently unwell or at high risk of contracting COVID-19.
We ask that you do your best to care for yourself and for others by practising excellent hand washing and hygiene, coughing into a hand or tissue and staying away from others if you are feeling unwell.
Despite these precautions it is still business as usual here at the clinic, due to our high hygiene standards we believe that our clinic is at a much lower risk than the general community for infection.
Throughout this next period, we will continue to help our clients look and feel their best. If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dr Ian Skinner and the Begone team.
For ongoing updates on COVID-19 please visit: